We work for you by working with you
Every GrowthPilot project is customized, built from the ground up to deliver the information you need within the context of your goals and your capabilities. But they have many things in common, combining our ability to rapidly gather, analyze, and contextualize data with your technical expertise.
Working together, we craft a Problem Statement that defines the goals and deliverables for the project. We then host a kick-off meeting with your team to learn about your capabilities and gather the information you already have about the opportunity: we want to rapidly build on your knowledge, not duplicate it.
We spend the first several weeks of every project building our knowledge foundation for the space, learning about customer needs, existing products and competitors, growth characteristics, and competing technologies. Our early investigation creates a framework for the project, allowing us to focus on the areas that matter most as the project progresses.
We prepare a short, tight interim report memorializing the framework that emerged from our early investigation and communicating the direction we see developing for the project. If the Problem Statement needs to be changed because starting assumptions proved incorrect, this is where we make those changes to ensure the project delivers maximum value and adjusts to the reality on the ground.
We dig in and develop deep information on the technologies, industries, and markets surrounding the opportunity, focusing our efforts on the areas of deepest uncertainty and the areas where resolution of even minor uncertainties is likely to be decisive: unlike a market report, we design our projects to deliver the information you need to make decisions.
Analysis and Insight
Information only becomes useful when it is organized, and this is a key part of our value proposition. We don’t dump a mountain of data on you and ask you to interpret it. Instead, we sift through the mountain, extract the most important parts, and think deeply about their implications for your goals within the context of your organization and your capabilities.
We take all the information we gathered, organize it into a story, and present our findings together with concrete recommendations regarding next steps. You won’t always agree with our recommendations, but you will know exactly where they came from and have all the data we utilized to arrive at them. Every project includes an executive summary so you can get to the most important information efficiently.
What Our Client Say About Us . . .
- "We developed a lot of respect for the GrowthPilot people and process. The projects move along quickly from start to finish with minimal hand-holding required. The clear goals and a mid-point check, are both good things. The reports were very professional and organized with respect for our time."
- "A few things were really surprising to us. First, they identified some clever ideas to help broaden how we viewed the markets. Second, they provided a technical review of the landscape in terms of competitive offerings and IP situation. . . We were surprised at their level of industrial experience. Quite different than the stereotype of inexperienced consultants surfing the internet for things to compile as a report."
- "The process for pursuing new opportunities you designed for us did not disturb the things we already do well but made us remarkably more effective. So effective, in fact, that our European R&D division adopted it almost immediately."
- "The thing I like best about working with you is your rapid iteration: you always tell it like it is, and if the process we designed is not working for a given project, you call it, change it, and drive on. It gives us confidence in your ability to tackle tough assignments, and you always deliver."
- "GrowthPilot is an important and integral part of our approach to strategic adjacencies. It provides us a fast, flexible, and relatively low cost way of evaluating technologies, markets, and potential partner/acquisition candidates."
- "As compared to initiatives leveraging the company's internal resources and analysis only, GrowthPilot's independent, outside perspective and their recommendations allow us to decide on next steps with more confidence and data-based information that we would not otherwise have found."